Pages

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

Jeremiah 29:11
"
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Stumbling

Sorry for the short break. You know life, it just happens. Things happen unexpectedly and they can knock you off your feet. This past week has been a rough one for me. I honestly questioned everything from my faith to my husband to my family. I think everyone, at some time or another, goes through this. And let me tell you, it's no fun at all.

I took a break from everything, reading my bible, blogging, online, I sorta paused my life for a couple days. Trying to make sense of something and trying to see God's plan. But thats silly, because things happen and sometimes we never know God's plan or reasoning. We just have to remember that no matter what happens, God is still there. He is helping, teaching, showing, loving, always. And I really have to remember that!

While having my quiet time this morning, (with 3 kids running around of course. So it's really like a mommy time out where I tune them out and just try and focus on my bible) I came across these verses that seem to just hit me really hard and mean alot to me right now. I thought I would share them, in hopes that they will touch you as well.




These are from my Life Application Study Bible (NLT version)

Proverbs 20:24
The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?

Psalm 37:23,24
The Lord directs the steps of the godly, He delights in every detail of their lives. 
Though they may stumble, they will never fall for the Lord holds them by the hand.

Proverbs 21:30
No human wisdom or understanding or plan can stand against the Lord.


I hope you all can find some peace in these verses like I have. Being a wife and mother is hard. We plan budgets, days, weeks, and everything else. But yet, life happens, the Lord has plans made for us already. And we have to remember to hold onto Him during the bad and the good times. And remember that even through the bad parts of His plan, He is trying to teach us something, trying to show us something, maybe trying to test our faith, theres so much to his plans that we do not see. That we may never ever see. But we have to remember that he wants whats best for us, and his plans always work out. What's that saying? When you make plans God laughs at them? His plans are better, I'm sure. 

So today, pray for guidance, wisdom, strength, and love. Pray that when the hard times come you have the strength to get through them with Lord. Because hard times sneak up on you, and can cause you to stumble. Just rememebr that the Lord is always holding your hand, even when you try to turn away. He's always there.



No comments:

Post a Comment